Assurant Labs is looking for a responsible, collaborative individual to align priorities with vision across multiple product teams.
The Director, Technology Products (Mobile), is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders on priorities and requirements for capability development across our mobile application suite, as well as other digital assets that support our mobile application suite and premium technical support team. He/she supports the cross-product work intake process, coordinating from initial request through planning and budgeting stages, overseeing the cross-product epic grooming process to align on priorities and sequencing. He/she manages Technical Product Owners, supporting their development and the successful delivery of the agile teams they work with.
This role can be based out of our Atlanta or Westlake, Ohio location. It can also be fully remote.
- Communicates regularly with key stakeholders, collaborates with stakeholders to help guide the strategy for capability development while maintaining a holistic view of the product suite
- Supports the intake process for new work affecting multiple product teams to ensure cross-team prioritization and efficient delivery
- Interfaces with Finance for budget & resourcing
- Elevates potential ‘backlog breaking’ requests or urgent prioritization concerns to senior leadership as needed
- Coaches and mentors Technology Product Owners, resolves issues escalated by Technical Product Owners
- Manages career development and conducts performance reviews for Technical Product Owners, combining inputs from a variety of sources including clients feedback, stakeholders, and other team members
- Supports quarterly PI planning and budgeting, Scrum of Scrums and other SAFe Agile ceremonies as needed
- Coordinates portfolio review meetings to approve impact to committed deliverables from new cross-product requests
- Communicates decisions, priorities, and other relevant cross-product initiative information to appropriate stakeholders
- Helps support agile and product transformation efforts across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a Product Owner / Business or technology role
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of 5 or more people
- 3+ years’ experience working within Agile development methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience working in Cloud / DevOps environments (Azure preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience managing product teams for mobile app development
- 2+ years’ working with Apple and Google’s App Stores
- 3+ years’ experience working within Safe Agile development methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience working in a B-B-C business model
- Strong communication and leadership skills, particularly good communicating between business and technology teams
- Ability to coordinate and influence a wide variety of stakeholders across the enterprise in order to clear roadblocks
- Strong understanding of technology as well as business needs
- Experience with customer and product discovery techniques to support direct report’s product validation efforts
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to support direct report’s efforts to measure product impact and business outcomes
- Experience with product experimentation techniques to support direct report’s product optimizations efforts
- Enthusiasm for agile development principles and methodologies
This position has been filled.